Last Updated: 7 June 2023
- Name, email address, postal address, account names and passwords, or other contact information;
- Signature, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, or other similar identifiers;
- Professional, industry, employment-related, or education information;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, preferences, and information regarding a user’s interaction (including reading habits) with an Internet website, application, advertisement;
- Demographic information;
- Billing information, credit card number or other financial information, which may include personal financial information if submitted by you in a survey on the Site;
- Audio, electronic, visual or similar information; and
- Inferences drawn from the Personal Information identified above to create a profile about a user reflecting the user’s preferences and behaviour.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR“), Blockpour is the data controller (i.e. the entity responsible for, and controls the processing of, your Personal Data). It can be reached at [email protected].
2. How We Use Your Personal Data
We may use your Personal Data to:
- Allow your use of our Service and applications;
- Respond to your requests, complaints, and enquiries (if any);
- Provide you with the services, support or information requested;
- Operate, maintain and add to the features and functionality of our Service;
- Improve the Site’s user experience and communicate better to engage users;
- Send marketing emails or messages related to our Service;
- Run or operate competitions, prize draws, promotions, or sweepstakes that you choose to participate in;
- Monitor aggregate metrics;
- Monitor to detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and hold those responsible for that activity;
- Prevent, detect, or investigate crimes or other breach of law or requirement, loss prevention, or fraud;
- Comply with requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, including where they are outside your country of residence;
- Exercise our rights, and defend ourselves from claims and to comply with laws and regulations that apply to us or third parties with whom we work;
- Analyze, diagnose and fix issues in our Service offerings; and
- Process your job application for an open position.
If you provide information to us for a specific purpose, such as your email, we may also send you messages related to such purpose.
We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis for needing to do so.
We may process your Personal Data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
3. How we share your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with the following classes of persons or entities, or in connection with the following purposes:
- The public and other users of the Service. Any content you post to public areas of the Service, including public groups, will be viewable by others on the Service and the public. We also share your information with third parties with whom you communicate on the Service. You control who you want to communicate with and what information you share;
- Third parties at your request. For example, you may have the option to share your activities on the Service through email, text, or on various social media sites. Third parties may also include those whom we partner with to provide contests and sweepstakes you may choose to participate in or enter. Such partners will usually be identified by name in relevant communications;
- Billing. A trusted third party is used by us to manage payment processing in relation to your payment(s) for the Service. This third party is not permitted to store, retain, or use your billing information for any purpose except for payment processing on our behalf;
- Our employees, contractors, related companies and trusted third parties. They are those who have a need to know the relevant information contained in your Personal Information in order to process it on our behalf or to provide services available on the Site and have agreed not to disclose it to others;
- Corporate/Business transaction. Other parties in connection with a corporate or business transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
We may also share information with others in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
5. Your control over your information
How to control your communications preferences. You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of Service-related communications unless you have terminated the account that you opened for the purpose of accessing the Service (e.g., changes / updates to features of the Service, or technical and security notices).
Modifying or deleting your information. If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, you can contact us directly at [email protected].
6. Third-party website and services, and types of Personal Information shared through third-party tracking
Google Analytics and Advertising. We use Google Analytics to recognize you and link the devices you use when you visit our site or Service on your browser or mobile device, log in to your account on our Service, or otherwise engage with us. We share a unique identifier, like a user ID or hashed email address, with Google to facilitate the service. Google Analytics allows us to better understand how our users interact with our Service and to tailor our advertisements and content to you. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, as well as how you can control information sent to Google, review Google’s site “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners. You can learn about Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs, including the Google Analytics Browser Ad-On here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
7. How we store and protect your information
For individuals based in the EU, we store Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect the same (see above under Section 2) and in accordance with our legal obligations and legitimate business interest, except if required otherwise by law.
Keeping your information safe: We care about the security of your Personal Data and employ physical, administrative, and technological safeguards designed to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through our Service. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee absolute security of our systems. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised. We may also take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
We retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, the purposes for which we process the data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances, we may anonymize your Personal Data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
8. Rights with respect to your Personal Information
Depending on which jurisdiction that you are residing in, you may have the following rights in respect of your Personal Data that we hold:
- Right to be informed. The right about the collection and use of your Personal Data when it is obtained;
- Right of access. The right to obtain access to your Personal Data;
- Right to rectification. The right to obtain rectification of your Personal Data without undue delay where that Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erasure. The right to obtain the erasure of your Personal Data without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the Personal Data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed;
- Right to restriction. The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the Personal Data is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that Personal Data;
- Right to portability. The right to move, copy or transfer Personal Data easily from one organization to another; and
- Right to object. The right to object to processing based on legitimate interests and direct marketing.
- Right to withdraw consent. The right to withdraw any consent that is relied upon by us as the legal basis for processing your Personal Data at any time. Please note that this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that we carried out based on your consent before you withdrew it. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your Personal Data for the purpose(s) to which you originally consented, unless we have another legal basis for doing so. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, this may affect our ability to provide the Services to you.
These rights are not absolute and they do not always apply in all cases. If you wish to exercise one of these rights, please contact us at [email protected]. While we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we also reserve the right to impose certain restrictions and requirements on such requests, if allowed or required by applicable laws. Please note that it may take some time to process your request. If you choose to exercise these rights, we may ask that you provide sufficient information in order for us to verify your identity and process your request. Depending on the types of requests, we may ask for additional information.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf related to your Personal Information. If you choose to use an authorized agent, you should supply your agent with written permission to act on your behalf in relation to your request, and your agent must provide us with proof of such authorization before we process your request.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint to your local data protection authority.
9. How do you contact us?